At UrbanLogiq, we help build better communities with data!
UrbanLogiq offers an integrated data visualization and analytics platform to governments. Founded in 2016, UrbanLogiq is one of the global govtech industry’s fastest growing start-ups and we want you to join our team.
UrbanLogiq exclusively serves public government agencies providing them with cloud-based SaaS solutions that help them better create, manage, use, and consume insights from data, making government services more efficient and effective.
Our mission is to democratize cutting-edge data science and software services for governments of all shapes and sizes paving the way for stronger, safer, better-connected communities. UrbanLogiq’s award winning software is currently used by government agencies across Canada and the US.
About the Role
Come help us fuel the growth and traction of our rapidly growing govtech start-up who is changing the face of government!
UrbanLogiq is seeking an ambitious Proposal Writer with impeccable writing, organizational, and communication skills to join our tight-knit growth team. The ideal candidate has previous experience with writing responses to government RFPs/RFIs and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven start-up environment. Working and collaborating with teams across the UrbanLogiq organization, the Proposal Writer will coordinate and wrangle company resources to produce multiple winning proposals and responses simultaneously.
You will be responsible for identifying, finding, executing proposals from formal RFPs from governments and unsolicited proposals from start to finish with the support of project management software and a coaching, encouraging team. This involves coordinating the proposal process, preparing the proposals, data entry and tracking, and managing and organizing content. You will often work on tight deadlines and have to triage tasks required to complete a proposal.
Specifically, you will be working on:
- Review solicitation and skillfully interpret requirements and contribute to proposal strategy meetings.
- Follow proposal management plans and ensure compliance with RFx requirements.
- Proactively lead and write entire sections of proposals while crafting a winning narrative that uses persuasive language and arguments.
- Coordinate efforts across internal functional groups to synthesize consistent messaging
- Articulate technically complex ideas and frameworks through well thought out messaging.
- Perform all aspects of proposal delivery including scheduling, researching, writing, editing, proofreading, designing, publishing, administration/registration, and shipping.
- Package aggregate RFx result information to share within the company in order to improve transparency.
- Reviewing RFx proposals/responses and updating result metrics to help develop processes to improve performance and win rates.
- Track proposal lifecycles with proposal management software and other sales operations tools (e.g., Loopio, Salesforce, GovWin).
- Managing multiple projects efficiently under time-sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to constantly curate and improve our written content libraries ensuring it is fresh, accurate, and useful.
- You have a passion for supporting government, technology, storytelling, problem solving, and writing.
- You are a native English speaker and writer who has mastered reading, writing, comprehension, and overall communication.
- You have superior organizational skills with demonstrated ability to be consistent, diligent and dependable.
- You have excellent project and time management skills in order to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- You are a self-starter with an ability to work independently and understand the urgency of meeting deadlines, setting high standards for work performance.
- You have the ability and willingness to work unpredictable schedules to meet government agency response deadlines.
- You have mastered Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- You have a high degree of professionalism and ability to handle confidential information.
- You thrive in a rapidly changing early-stage startup environment.
- You have 2-4 years of relevant experience developing government RFx responses for software services and solutions strongly desired
- Knowledge of government procurement would be an enormous asset in this job, but not required.
- You have a BA/BS from an accredited university, APMP member is a plus.
What we promise you
- A performance culture with opportunities for career growth and an environment where your achievements will be celebrated and praised.
- A team on a mission to bend the cost curve of government by democratizing cloud technology and analytics to help public officials build better, stronger, and more resilient communities.
- A team who learns from, respects, mentors, and motivates each other to pursue excellence.
References are required.