At UrbanLogiq, we help build better communities with data!
UrbanLogiq offers an integrated data visualization and analytics platform to governments. Founded in 2016, UrbanLogiq is one of the global govtech industry’s fastest-growing start-ups and we want you to join our team.
UrbanLogiq exclusively serves public government agencies providing them with cloud-based SaaS solutions that help them better create, manage, use, and consume insights from data, making government services more efficient and effective.
Our mission is to democratize cutting-edge data science and software services for governments of all shapes and sizes paving the way for stronger, safer, better-connected communities. UrbanLogiq’s award-winning software is currently used by government agencies across Canada and the US.
About the Role
Come help us fuel the growth and traction of our rapidly growing govtech start-up who is changing the face of government.
Our product is a web-based application; intuitive and performant interactions are what give our customers joy and keep them coming back. We are seeking a Front End Software Engineer to write elegant and maintainable code that will deliver the data insights our government clients rely on.
At UrbanLogiq, you will bring both industry-standard practices and out-of-the-box thinking to your daily work. You are able to balance technical and user considerations, such as usability, performance, and clarity to build a platform that exceeds client expectations and boosts developer velocity. As someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you are excited to tackle the unique challenges that come with a young codebase and the task of growing it to maturity during rapid company growth.
What you will do as a Front End Software Engineer at UrbanLogiq:
- Design and implement first-of-their-kind solutions in the GovTech problem space.
- Meet with end users to understand their pain points and see the direct impact of your work.
- Play a part in shaping the future of the product. Your voice will be heard in an environment where creating problem solving is expected and the best idea wins the day.
- Contribute a technical perspective to the design of new features to ensure that product specifications are well-defined and will deliver the intended value to the end user.
- Lean on your past experience to help the team move faster together; we believe great products are forged through iteration, which means a quick turnaround to seeing your ideas become reality.
- Work collaboratively across multiple domains, including with the product design, data science, sales, and customer success teams. Regardless of your background or skill set, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills in a highly cross-disciplinary environment.
- Mentor junior developers and help onboard new additions to the team.
- A technical degree (computer science, mathematics, statistics, or physics), or equivalent work experience as a software developer
- 4+ years of frontend development experience
- Demonstrated success designing and building React applications
- Experience with statically typed languages – you will be working in TypeScript
- Ability to complete a background check prior to employment
- Experience building front end applications that allow visualization of large datasets. Familiarity with geospatial operations is a plus!
- Demonstrated success designing performant React applications and ability to optimize pre-existing functionality.
- A desire to mentor junior front end developers and use your experience and knowledge to level-up the entire front end team.
- Excellent social and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate on technical topics with non-technical team members and end users.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to create meaningful technical documentation.
What we promise you
- A performance culture with opportunities for career growth and an environment where your achievements will be celebrated and praised.
- A team on a mission to bend the cost curve of government by democratizing cloud technology and analytics to help public officials build better, stronger, and more resilient communities.
- A team who learns from, respects, mentors, and motivates each other to pursue excellence.